Friday, March 28, 2008

Why this is called "The Oho Report"

This is in response to a question I received from Nancy of "Sublime Transitions"

NaNcY said...
interesting stuff.hey, i was wondering about the name of your blog... i get the first O and the H being the initials of your name...but, what is the last O for?

When looking for what to name my Blog, the "THE OTTO REPORT" was already taken and has multiple listings on the Internet (one is a jeweler in NYC and another is a report on WWII German war crimes).

Officially OHO is (O) Otto (H) Haugland (O) online but in reality it comes from:

Whenever I go to SUPERCUTS they write my name down "Otto". Then the person who will cut my hair reads the hand written tag sheet and announces to those of us waiting "Oho".

I once was waiting with an Asian guy and they walked right up to him and said "Oho". When I stood up they exclaimed "I thought you would be David". I didn't want to lose my place in line so I had to tell them "No I am Oho".

4 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Oho it is. I think I remember that Google search. ;-)

kirsten said...

That is pretty funny. :o)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing that! i can see how tt can look like an H when it is written by hand. that was a good story and it works very well as (O) Otto (H) Haugland (O) online.

The Oho Report said...

Kirsten,
Thanks for the smile

l.l.
Your help saved me hours.

Nancy
I will soon change the post to give you credit for your question, that prompted the Oho explanation.