Saturday, March 22, 2008

Absence and Love

Wednesday I returned home from the Mt. Hermon writers conference, filled with excitement and fatigue from the trip. A lot happened during the conference; a publisher is excited about my book proposal concept and L.L. Barkat helped me set up my blog.

I was apprehensive of what to do to set this up and L.L. was an answer to prayer. Also the encouragement of Mark Goodyear was much appreciated.

Today I spent the last hour looking through my file drawer of collected articles and statistics. I was fascinated by what I was reading. Everything I read was good but not the perfect post for today. I finally decided that I would post the two things below to get started:

Quote from French Sage, Compte De Bussy-Rabutin: "Absence is to love what wind is to fire: it extinguishes the small, it en kindles the great."

On The Lighter Side: Many a wife knows how many shoes her husband has, but a rare husband knows how many shoes his wife has.

I will post my favorite quote early next week.

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Oh, these are good quotes!

You are welcome as far as the blog is concerned. I hope it becomes a place where you think great thoughts and find great encouragements.

Llama Momma said...

The funny thing about my house is we are the opposite -- my husband has millions of shoes. I don't. Just a few pairs do me quite well. :-)