Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Host Dude










I was at a BBQ last Sunday and a woman from my church told me one of the last two pictures will be used to recruit host families for the "Reaching Japan for Christ (RJC)" conference held at our church each spring.

The pictures are from George, one of the guests in my home. In Georges Blog http://public.fotki.com/georgekchow/2008/ he said:

"Feb 21, 2008
Tony and my host dude, Otto, for the RJC conference! He picked us up from the airport, hosted us for 3 nights, drove us to and from the conference and we had great fellowship time together. Thank you Otto! Please come visit us in Columbus anytime!"

All the other attendees were hosted by couples or families. With me being a single guy, Tony and George started calling me their "Host Dude".

I had a great time having them at my house. It was great to be with fired up young Christian men serving the Lord. Tony is a Neat-Nick and George is an extreme people person. I look forward to hearing what ministries they get involved in.

When I saw the above pictures my first reaction was "I am going to have to ask for heavier guys next year" standing next to them I felt heavy, I think the most either of them weighed was 130 Lbs. I felt a little like Shrek in the pictures.

Small World Situation:
The interpretor for this conference was a Japanese missionary's son, Roger Olsen (see first picture). Roger's dad Jim went to seminary with my dad. On my parents first date, a double date, Jim Olsen was one of the other young people(62 years ago).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

host dude...love it.

your otto-mobile plates are very cool.

L.L. Barkat said...

Pictures! Otto, I'm so impressed.

Looks like a great time. And since I've met you I can vouch for the fact that you are just right. Not too heavy as you felt besides these guys! : )

The Oho Report said...

Nancy,
You have a great sense of humor

The Oho Report said...

L.L.
Thanks for your compliments.

Also thank you for all your assistance in helping me set up this blog at MT Hermon. Your suggestions moved me forward.