Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Lawn Distraction

Another distraction from writing and blogging.

Last August I used either the wrong chemicals or they were too old and killed a quarter of my grass. I have been painstakingly fixing the patches. This has become my new exercise program.

It has been a cold spring here in Seattle (snow in late April?) and the new grass has been slow in popping through. When it came up it had that tennis ball fuzz look, for too too long. I am waiting for "mowable" grass. I have to keep mowing the good grass next to the patches without disturbing too much of the new growth.

It reminds me of my Rogaine attempts twenty years ago. I wanted combable hair, not peach fuzz. I finally gave up with Rogaine because I found people were more attracted to a confident man losing his hair than with an unsecure man with a full head.

8 comments:

Llama Momma said...

Good luck with the grass! (My husband is also obsessed -- er -- concerned with the grass right now!)

And I couldn't agree more on the hair thing! It's all in the attitude. (And, of course, bald is so in right now.) :-)

L.L. Barkat said...

Oh, the things we'll do for grass or looks. :)

Glad you've found a place of acceptance with both.

Anonymous said...

a bald head on a man looks great.

i bald head on a woman...not usually the going style.

but, i have women friends that are going through cancer treatments that look just as beautiful to me without their hair as they did with their hair. but, they would also rather have hair on their head again.

just be sure to wear a hat in the sun is all i can say.


i think the plow it under and plant new grass might a way to go in the fall. just watch out for the underground pipes.

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Tend to grass.
Blogs will always be here.

Good to find you here, Otto!

Anonymous said...

line up a few pink flamingos...no one will notice the grass.

The Oho Report said...

Llamma Momma,
Grass is a guy thing. thanks for the affirmation.

L.L. I will tell past hairpiece stories soon.

Ann, wise advise, great to hear from you.

Nancy, LOL, The grass is coming up now. Next time I will buy flamingos. Also I can't wait until fall to get grass in, like Llama Momma's husband, I am concerned or obsessed with this grass thing.

Anonymous said...

Agree 100% with you on the appeal of confidence. But Nancy's right, don't forget your hat! Glad to hear the grass battle has been won for now.

The Oho Report said...

Nancy and Long Island,
I wear a special baseball cap with a skirt around the back and sides. My friends tell me to never go out in public with it.

My Dr. warned me about my pale skin and the sun.